I don’t usually write a post without having it in my drafts for a week, have it on pending for another two or so, and then have it scheduled for like a month… But for this post, I gladly make the exception! It’s not really a tag (or at least I don’t think it is!) Okay, so, basically, Cait from Paper Fury (who has an amazing blog you should really check out!) came up with these 30 bookish questions. I actually found it on Zoe’s blog Readabilitea (which is such a fun name!) while blog hopping yesterday. Enough with the rambling, time for the questions!
1) Currently Reading? The Dream Thieves by Maggie Stiefvater! GOD! This series is so good!
2) Should’ve read, like, yesterday? At least half of my TBR…
Keep in mind that my Goodreads TBR is about a billion times as small as it is in my head.
3) Book that impacted you? A Court of Mist & Fury by Sarah J. Maas! I literally had to put it down three chapters from the end because I was crying
and my glasses got foggy and I couldn’t see and it was emotional!
4) Hyped vs backlist titles? I’d like to say backlist, but it’s really hyped! I don’t like not being able to rant about my books. And I know I could rant about backlist books, but who would join in on the ranting!? No one. That’s who.
5) Current series crush? Not sure if this is meant as a character or a book, but I LOVE the Court of Thorns & Roses series and Rhysand!
6) How strong is your self-control around books? There are so many times I’ve left a bookshop without books. Usually, because I don’t have the money. Or I’m anxious about not knowing what to get. But once I have money and I start online shopping, well… Let’s just say my most recent Amazon orders were quite pricey.
7) Plot vs characters? Hmm… I seriously don’t know. I either like a book as a whole or I don’t like it at all… Although sometimes I like the plot better and other times I like the characters better.
It’s such a dilemma!
8) Would you write under a pseudonym? I think I would! My last name is very Dutch, and I really don’t like it. And while we’re at it, I might just use a different first name as well, hehe!
9) Would you marry your bookshelf? Currently? Nope! That future bookshelf I’ve been dreaming about for ages?! HECK YES!
10) Do you ever get sick of reading? I do have reading slumps sometimes, but so far I haven’t felt sick of reading! I’ve only been reading like a maniac since January, though. So who knows what’ll happen in the future?!
11) Random bookish memory? In high school, we had to read these awful tiny little books for book reports.
I mean, us Dutchies need to learn to read English somehow. They were awful. I took my copy of The Vampire Diaries, put it on my teacher’s desk, asked her if I could write my book report about it and from that moment on I read YA for my book reports.
12) Character you relate to? I read or listened to this book a while ago,
I can’t remember which. But I remember saying: “Hey, I really relate to that character!” But right now I can’t think of one. Maybe I’m just too weird. LOL.
13) Do you own bookish merchandise? Yes!
My little brother and I have a Harry Potter Wizard’s Chess board, with a giant Time-Turner! I also should have some Hunger Games pins/necklace thingies somewhere. OH AND I I recently ordered this amazing art print inspired by A Court of Mist & Fury. And I have some quote cards from The Mirror King.
14) Controversial opinion? I’m sure I’ve had a few but honestly, I can’t think of any right now… hehe!
15) NOTP? Feyre and Tamlin
the Tool from A Court of Thorns & Roses. I HATE THE GUY. Although I’m sure we all do!
16) Why didn’t I love this? Percy Jackson and Vampire Academy… Bought both first books in their series this year, read them and felt like meh. Especially Percy Jackson. That one was very meh.
17) Hardcover vs paperback? That depends on a lot of things. Which cover do I like better? How many pages does it have? It the hardcover prettier than the paperback? Do I want the US or UK edition? I do like reading hardcovers cause I don’t have to use my hands to keep it open
and I can hold my cup of tea while reading. But I like paperbacks because they’re easy to take with me while travelling. And I travel a lot.
18) Do you ever like villains? YES. YES. YES.
19) Cringeable reads? Percy Jackson. Sorry, not sorry. I haven’t read 50 Shades but ew.
20) Where do you get your books from? Amazon, Book Depository and my favourite bookshop; Donner in Rotterdam! Sooooometimes, I get them at my “local” bookshop but they have a very shitty selection of English YA and I’m just like ugh.
21) Haunting read? “Haunting” usually means “scary” to me or something. But I can’t think of a scary one. But definitely A Court of Mist & Fury because OH MY GOD.
22) Highly anticipated upcoming release? There’s three actually! Empire of Storms by Sarah J. Maas, Frost Like Night by Sara Raasch and A Million Worlds With You by Claudia Gray.
And I’ve preordered them all! YAY!
23) Annoying character qualities? I can’t think of any! I’m like a positive puppy that’s not so easily annoyed by book characters…
24) Least favourite genre? Romance and erotica?
Deffo erotica. I’m obsessed with High Fantasy so basically that’s all I read but that means I barely read any other genre and I have no clue what’s good or shitty.
25) Best tropes? Lost princesses/queens out for revenge or to reclaim their kingdoms! And anything with Faeries in it!
Do you guys realise that’s basically the Throne of Glass series? Yeeaaahh…
26) Rereading? Yes! There’s book on my shelf I must’ve read four times! Although since I’m book blogging and have an endless TBR, I don’t really want to reread anymore because there are so many amazing books out there! Oh, the struggle of a bookworm…
27) Have you abused a book? Yes. Always by accident, though. Really, I swear on my bookshelf! This one time I accidentally ripped off a corner of a cover (then put it back on with tape), and I once cracked a spine while taking a bookish photo. *Cries*
28) Series you quit on? Percy Jackson and Vampire Academy. I only read the first books of both. And The Vampire Diaries, of which I’ve read a lot.
And I think I might quit the Iron Fey but I’m not sure yet.
29) Wish it wasn’t a standalone? Uprooted! It’s perfect being a standalone but it’s also so sad because I need more! I can’t spell the girl’s name but I like her and the Dragon and asdfghjkl yes.
30) Bad bookwork side-effects? I cannot stop talking about books. If I ever start a conversation with you, there’s a 99% chance it’s about a book.
But what else would I talk about?
If you decided to answer these questions on your blog, be sure to mention Cait and her blog Paper Fury
and maybe mine if you found it here! Let me know; how strong is your self-control around books, what’s your NOTP and what’s your favourite trope?